- Best overall: Bear Bull Traders
- Runner-up: Warrior Trading
- Best budget course: Bullish Bears
- Best for mentorship: Humbled Trader
- Best for a community: Investors Underground
- Best for day trading crypto: Fast Lane Traders
Day trading is an active, aggressive trading strategy. You buy and sell a stock (or other asset) and sell it within the same day, in hopes of maximizing on upward trends during the day.
Day trading can be extremely profitable if you understand the market and develop a strategy. But if you jump into it blind, you have the potential for massive losses. To set yourself up for success, familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of day trading before you get started.
The best day trading courses not only give you learning material, but they also provide communities and leadership to help you learn how to be successful. Here are the best day trading courses right now.
Bear Bull Traders, founded by successful trader Andrew Aziz, has two courses: Essentials and Advanced.
The Essentials Course is great for beginners, with modules such as “Required Tools and Technology for Day Trading” and “The 7 Fundamentals of Successful Day Trading.” The Advanced Course has modules such as “Starting a Trading Business” and “How to Grow a Small Account.”
You’ll have access to the Essentials course with a Basic membership, but you’ll need an Elite membership for the Advanced course.
The website has a stock chatroom, which is available with each membership plan. Every week, Bear Bull Traders releases webinars for Elite members about technology, strategy, psychology, and mentorship in day trading, depending on the day of the week.
Bear Bull Traders’ standout feature is that it provides you with experts in the psychology of day trading. With an Elite annual membership, you have access to one-on-one coaching sessions with psychologists to talk about your motivations for day trading, discipline, strengths, and weaknesses.
Intro (7-day trial with the chatroom and onboarding material): $39
Basic membership: $99/month
Elite membership: $199/month
Elite annual membership: $1,199/year (comes to $99.92/month)
Warrior Trading is a strong day trading course, but we chose it as the runner-up to Bear Bull Traders because of its pricing — and because it doesn’t have access to psychologists like Bear Bull Traders does.
On the bright side, this program does have a free intro course. It includes three lessons on stock selection, tracking and analyzing metrics, and strategy. You’ll also receive a free copy of the e-book “How to Day Trade,” written by Warrior Trading’s founder, Ross Cameron.
Warrior Trading has six paid courses. The Warrior Starter Course is its own package, and it has 15 chapters that cover the basics of day trading.
To access the other paid courses, you’ll need to sign up for a Warrior Pro membership. The other five courses are Small Cap Day Trading, Large Cap Day Trading, Swing & Options Trading, Day Trading in an IRA, and Active Investor Course. This variety makes Warrior Trading a great option if you want an extensive education in day trading.
The Warrior Pro membership also gives you access to perks such as a live chatroom, group mentoring sessions, and a stock scanner.
Free Intro Course: $0
Warrior Starter Course: $997 for the first month, then $197/month; 30 days of complementary access to the real-time trading simulator, then option to add it on for $79/month
Warrior Pro: $4,297 for the first 90 days, then $197/month or $997 for nine more months; 90 days complementary access to the real-time trading simulator, then option to add it on for $79/month or $197/quarter
Bullish Bears, founded by trader Lucien Bechard, is very reasonably priced for what you get. Along with the trading courses, if you choose a monthly membership, you have access to trade alerts, trade rooms with mentorship, live streams, a chat room. You’ll also receive an e-book on candlestick patterns, which is a group of patterns used to predict how an asset’s price will move in the future.
With a lifetime subscription, you also get livestream replays, custom trade idea scanner settings, custom day trade and swing trade scanners, and more video content.
Both memberships include a beginner’s course, plus basic and advanced day trading courses. There are also courses on topics such as swing trading and options.
Month-to-month: 7-day free trial, then $47/month
Lifetime membership: One-time payment of $997 (Note: There is currently a 50% discount, so you can get a lifetime membership for $497)
Humbled Trader has two membership levels: Starter and Pro. The Starter package doesn’t include the Humbled Trader Academy courses, but it does come with trading watch lists, separate chatrooms for day trading and swing trading, weekly live mentorship webinars, and a one-on-one meeting with a mentor.
The Pro package includes everything you’d get with a Starter account. It also enrolls you in the Humbled Trader Academy, which has 12+ hours of videos by Shay, aka Humbled Trader, covering 17 day trading units. The academy also has quizzes and trading resources.
If you have a Pro membership, you’ll have quarterly one-on-one mentorship meetings with a coach from the team. You’ll also be able to replay live Q+A sessions and mentorship webinars.
Starter Membership: $149/month
Pro Membership: $1,490/year (comes to $124.17/month)
Trader Nathan Michaud founded Investors Underground in 2008, and he places a heavy emphasis on community. In addition to its main trading chatroom, it also has chatrooms dedicated to swing trading and penny stocks. There is a team of day trading experts who moderate the chatroom, and you can reach out to them directly with questions.
A membership comes with a pre-market broadcoast, live trading floor, trade caps, nightly watchlist, morning call, and over 1,000 video lessons. These are all included in memberships, then you’ll pay extra to add on the courses.
There are three courses included in an Investors Underground membership: Textbook Trading, Swing Trading, and Tandem Trading. All three are included when you add them onto your membership, and together, they provide over 26 hours of material.
Monthly: $297/month, or $1,297/month with the courses
Quarterly: $697/quarter, or $1,697/quarter with the courses
Annually: $1,897/year, or $2,697/year with the courses
Fast Lane Traders’ course modules are Trading Basics, Technical Analysis, All About Indicators, Trading Profitably, and Entering Strategies. Some of the topics in these modules can be applied to assets like stocks and forex — but they mainly focus on day trading crypto.
You’ll learn how to read crypto charts and apply strategies in day trading to crypto specifically. You’ll also be able to use day trading chatrooms on.
Fast Lane Traders’ monthly fee is actually even lower than the fee for Bullish Bears, which is our top budget pick, and Fast Lane Traders even offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. But we still chose Bullish Bears as the best for a budget because it focuses on day trading overall rather than specializing in a topic like crypto.
3-day “free” trial that includes a $7.95 sign-up fee. Then $37.99/month.
Other day trading courses we considered
Here are other day trading courses we looked at when choosing our favorites, as well as reasons why they didn’t make our list:
- Asia Forex Mentor — One Core Program: This is a strong program, it just doesn’t have the emphasis on day trading that our top picks have. The One Core Program is a good program for learning about trading in general, and the Asia Forex Mentor (Ezekiel Chew) specializes in forex trading.
- Timothy Sykes Trading Program: Timothy Sykes has a lot of free material about penny stock trading. But to learn about his course and pricing, you’ll need to apply.
- UC Trading: UC Trading has some strong tools with its membership, such as a two-hour mentorship session. But none of its features stand out as much as those of our top picks.
- Black Box Stocks: Black Box Stocks is primarily a software, with a focus on options trading. There is a bootcamp course that lasts for a few hours, but it isn’t as comprehensive as what you’ll get with our top picks.
- Eagle Investors: Eagle Investors has plenty of educational material, but it isn’t a course.
- Zen Trading Strategies: This program can be useful for learning about day trading, but it’s more of a trading tool for creating your own algorithms than a course.
- Silvia Bellrock — The Bellrock Accelerator: Silvia Bellrock’s course doesn’t specialize in day trading, although it is a strong trading course overall.
- Topstep: This program focuses on futures trading more than anything else.
- Thomas Kralow: Thomas Kralow’s program is good for learning about trading in general, but not day trading specifically.
- Udemy: Udemy has numerous courses about day trading, but you won’t have a comprehensive package like with our top picks. You also won’t have access to mentors or a day trading community.
At Personal Finance Insider, our goal is to help you make the best decisions with your money. To recommend a day trading course that requires a membership fee, we looked at three main factors:
- Experts: All of the courses we chose are led by at least one experienced day trader. Many even have teams of mentors or psychologists to guide you.
- Community: Each of our top picks has a chatroom for day traders to talk and learn from each other. Some have more than one chatroom dedicated to specific topics.
- Resources: Our top picks have a wide range of resources for different levels of day traders. Many provide additional resources with their courses, such as e-books, coaching sessions, or webinars.
We looked at over a dozen day trading courses before narrowing down our top picks based on these three categories.
Frequently asked questions
How does day trading work?
With day trading, you buy and sell one or more assets in the same day. You monitor assets’ performance throughout the day to decide when to buy or sell.
What do you learn in a day trading course?
Each course is different, but you’ll typically learn the basics of day trading, such as what day trading is, how technical analysis works, which software you can use to day trade, and various strategies for making money.
Advanced courses will teach you about more complicated strategies or different ways to day trade. Some will also teach you how to day trade assets other than stocks, such as futures, options, forex, or crypto.
Are day trading courses worth it?
Day trading courses do cost money. But the money spent is a good investment if you learn skills that help you become a skillful day trader — then you’ll theoretically make more money. They’re also worth it if you choose a course with strong experts, community, and resources, like the ones on our list.
Is day trading difficult to learn?
It’s often hard to learn to day trade successfully on your own. That’s why day trading courses can be useful — not only do they teach you how to day trade, but they also provide you with chatrooms, mentors, and day trade simulations so you can take the time to learn this skill.